Thursday, September 25, 2008

and I wait...


I read PostSecret every week (as do millions of others) and although I can relate to some, and there are some silly ones that I could have potentially posted - this is one that really hit home for me.
I think this thought constantly. I think about the last things I say to people before I leave for the day or talk to them on the phone. God is the only one that can control whether or not I will see them again. It's not that I want something bad to happen, just so I can say that I've had tragedy. But it's almost not fair. So many people that have really realized how precious life is, have had some huge tragic event that caused them to realize what they should be holding on to (God). It's a test of their faith.
I don't know if for me, this is my test. Can I really remain a strong believer & align my ways with Christ when my life continues to be good regardless of how strong my walk with Him is? I know that I can't push Jesus aside long before it will all come crashing down... but I feel like I'm treading a line, where once I cross it.. that's when the tragedy will hit.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I saw that same postsecret and I saved it because it did hit close to home. I like the post.

Barry said...

First of all I LOVE Post Secret. It's what inspired me to do Secret Fridays on my blog.

Second, I can relate to what you've said here. I was in a serious car accident in April '07 in which I could have been killed. I remember seeing the truck coming at me, wondering "Is this it?"

Life's incredibly precious and we could be gone at any moment. Luckily God gave me a second chance, and I've come to believe that my purpose is to be there for others.